& SULLIVAN BAY
Departures: Tuesdays and Sundays
An island sculpted by volcanoes with sharks and penguins in the water.
The site to visit in Bartolome Island is called The Staircase, which is a wooden path of 795 meters long (therefore, any type of shoe can be used). This island is an excellent example of two major things about the islands. First, because of the age, landscape, vegetation and lava formations gives an idea, an example, a glace of how the islands looked like at the beginning when they just appeared. Second, because the island is a geology interest place. Lava doesn’t just make a volcano; it also creates multiple formations all around the island.
Sullivan Bay is located at the southeast of Santiago Island, where we can swim or snorkel. This bay is one of the most beautiful places for this activity; its crystal clear water, the great visibility, the absence of strong currents and a great possibility of finding sea turtles and the Galapagos penguin (Spheniscus mendiculus).
- 06:00 am Pick up passengers at the hotel
- 07:00 am The dinghy picks up passengers in the channel and takes them to Altamar Yacht
- 7:15 am The ride to Bartolome Island starts
- 08:00 am Breakfast
- 09:15 am Arrive Bartolome Island
- 09:30 am Disembark to island and visit (hiking) on the island
- 11:00 am Return on board
- 11:15 am Sailing to Sullivan Bay
- 11:30 pm Arrive to Sullivan Bay
- 11:45pm Snorkel or swimming time in Sullivan Bay (hike optional)
- 01:00 pm Return on board
- 01:20 pm Lunch
- 02:00 pm Return to Itabaca Channel
- 04:30 pm Return to Puerto Ayora
- 05:30 pm Return to the hotel
• Visit in the Galapagos National Park with bilingual certified guide (English-Spanish)
• Snakcs after visits
• Coffee or tea station
• Water bottle for the hike
• Snorkel equipment (mask and tube, fins according to available sizes)
RATE DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Alcoholic beverages
• Tips to crew and guide.